Three “Lawyer of the Year” Recipients and 17 Partners Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for 2020
Aug 20, 2019 | Raleigh and Greensboro
Jonathan A. Berkelhammer
Leslie C. Packer
Paul K. Sun, Jr.
Three Ellis & Winters partners were recently selected "Lawyer of the Year" for 2020 by The Best Lawyers in America, the oldest peer-review publication in the legal profession.
Only one lawyer in each practice area, and in designated metropolitan areas, is honored as the “Lawyer of the Year.”These lawyers are selected based on particularly impressive voting averages received during the peer-review assessments.
The following Ellis & Winters lawyers were selected as “Lawyer of the Year” for 2020:
- Jonathan A. Berkelhammer – Product Liability Litigation, Defendants
- Leslie C. Packer – Personal Injury Litigation, Defendants
- Paul K. Sun, Jr. – Criminal Defense
According to Best Lawyers, receiving this designation reflects the high level of respect a lawyer has earned, among other leading lawyers in the same communities and practice areas, for their abilities, professionalism, and integrity.
Additionally, 17 Ellis & Winters partners were named to the 2020 Edition of Best Lawyers in a variety of practice areas:.
- Charles N. Anderson, Jr. – Real Estate Law, Real Estate Litigation
- Jonathan A. Berkelhammer – Commercial Litigation, Insurance Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation-Defendants, Product Liability Litigation-Defendants “Lawyer of the Year”
- Thomas D. Blue, Jr. – Real Estate Law, Real Estate Litigation
- Donna K. Blumberg – Real Estate Law, Real Estate Litigation
- Ashley K. Brathwaite – Health Care Litigation
- Andrew S. Chamberlin – Personal Injury Litigation-Defendants, Product Liability Litigation-Defendants
- Mary M. Dillon – Commercial Litigation
- Kurtis R. Dumaw – Real Estate Law
- Alex J. Hagan – Medical Malpractice-Defendants, Personal Injury Litigation-Defendants
- David L. Hillman – Real Estate Law
- Leslie C. Packer – Health Care Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation-Defendants “Lawyer of the Year,” Product Liability Litigation-Defendants
- Jonathan D. Sasser – Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Intellectual Property Litigation, Securities Litigation
- Thomas H. Segars – Commercial Litigation, Intellectual Property Litigation
- Curtis J. Shipley – Construction Law, Environmental Law, Environmental Litigation
- Paul K. Sun, Jr. – Appellate Practice, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Criminal Defense “Lawyer of the Year,” Criminal Defense-White Collar, Labor & Employment Litigation
- Dixie T. Wells – Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation
- Michael G. Winters – Real Estate Law
Lawyers on the The Best Lawyers in America list are divided by geographic region and practice areas. They are reviewed by their peers on the basis of professional expertise, and undergo an authentication process to ensure they are in current practice and in good standing.