Our lawyers have represented clients in the following types of construction matters:
- Defending a major manufacturer of Exterior Insulation and Finish Systems ("EIFS") against product liability and construction defect claims asserted in class actions and individual lawsuits.
- Defending numerous general contractors against construction defect claims asserted in class actions and numerous individual lawsuits involving EIFS.
- Defending home builders and developers against claims of moisture intrusion and mold growth, including personal injury claims arising from alleged exposure to mold.
- Defending an HVAC contractor in a class action alleging that construction defects caused mold growth in public schools and resulting personal injuries to students.
- Representing performance bond sureties in negotiating agreements and defending claims in takeover situations.
- Representing clients in pursuing and defending lien claims, including claims under the Miller Act and the Little Miller Act.
- Representing owners of commercial buildings in disputes regarding the construction of their facilities.