Taylor Crabtree is a trial and appellate lawyer focusing on complex commercial litigation, antitrust, and criminal defense.
Taylor joined Ellis & Winters in November 2017 after serving as a law clerk to the Honorable Stanley Marcus on the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit in Miami, FL. Taylor also served as a law clerk to two United States District Court judges, the Honorable Curtis L. Collier and the Honorable Travis R. McDonough. He was Judge McDonough’s first law clerk.
Before his clerkship, Taylor earned his law degree from Duke University School of Law, where he was inducted into the Order of the Coif and served as a Notes Editor for the Duke Law Journal. During law school, Taylor served as a law clerk for the United States Department of Justice Environment and Natural Resources Division, Environmental Enforcement Section in Washington, D.C. and as a law and policy clerk for Earthjustice in Washington, D.C.
Taylor also serves as a co-author on the two-volume treatise Grand Jury Law & Practice, 2d.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Grand Jury Law & Practice, 2d. with Sara Beale, William Bryson and others, Supplement 2015, 2016, 2017.
Prior Legal Experience
- Clerkship, United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, Hon. Stanley Marcus
- Clerkship, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee, Hon. Travis R. McDonough
- Clerkship, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee, Hon. Curtis L. Collier