Dick Ellis no longer practices law, but we were privileged to have him as our partner from 2000 to 2012.
Dick Ellis developed a broad range of complex litigation expertise, including the areas of business and commercial disputes, medical malpractice and product liability litigation. He often represented manufacturers and suppliers of pharmaceutical products and medical devices. He served as regional coordinating and trial counsel for a major pharmaceutical company in breast implant litigation. His background also included concentrations in the fields of antitrust and trade regulation, media and communication law, and representation of public interest clients.
Mr. Ellis was a longtime member of the North Carolina and national bar. He was also a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers. Mr. Ellis was a member of the International Association of Defense Counsel, and he was active in the Defense Research Institute.
Mr. Ellis received his undergraduate degree from the University of North Carolina in 1964 and his J.D. degree with High Honors from the University of North Carolina in 1969. While in law school, Mr. Ellis served as associate editor of the North Carolina Law Review.
Awards and Honors
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business®, "Senior Statesman" and "Leader in the Field" for Litigation, (2002-2012)
- Benchmark Litigation, "Local Litigation Star" (2009-2012)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Litigation (2005-2010)
- Business North Carolina Magazine, "Legal Elite" (2002 to 2012), in Litigation
- North Carolina Super Lawyers Magazine, Litigation (2006-2012)
- "Top 100 Lawyers" in North Carolina (2006-2012)
- Peer Review Rating of AV® in Martindale-Hubbell