Preetha Suresh Rini joined the Ellis & Winters litigation group after a two-year clerkship with the Honorable Mark A. Davis at the North Carolina Court of Appeals.
Preetha earned her law degree, cum laude, from the University of North Carolina School of Law, where she was a Comments Editor for the North Carolina Law Review. During law school, Preetha completed an externship with the Honorable Richard A. Elmore of the North Carolina Court of Appeals. She also interned with the AppalReD Legal Aid, where she provided pro bono services to indigent clients in Eastern Kentucky. As an undergraduate student at Centre College, Preetha obtained a double major in Government and Spanish.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- The North Carolina Street Gang Nuisance Abatement Act: Unconstitutionally Criminalizing the Presence of Gang Members in North Carolina, 94 N.C. L. Rev. Add. 44 (2016)
Prior Legal Experience
- Clerkship, North Carolina Court of Appeals, Hon. Mark A. Davis
- Judicial Extern, North Carolina Court of Appeals, Hon. Richard A. Elmore