Joseph D. Hammond practices in the area of civil litigation. Prior to joining Ellis & Winters LLP, Mr. Hammond was an associate at Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan LLP in New York City, where he practiced in the areas of general commercial litigation, antitrust, and product liability. He has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in litigations pending before federal and state courts throughout the United States.
Mr. Hammond graduated from New York University School of Law, where he was a Robert McKay Scholar, served on the staff of the Journal of Law and Liberty, and worked at the Prosecution Clinic at the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York. He received his B.A. from the University of Virginia, where he was an Echols Scholar.
Awards & Honors
- North Carolina Super Lawyers Magazine, "North Carolina Rising Star," Civil Litigation: Defense (2017)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- St. Paul the Apostle Catholic Church of Greensboro, Chair, Parish Council
Prior Legal Experience
- Associate, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan LLP, 2006-2012
- North Carolina
- New York
- United States District Courts
- Middle District of North Carolina
- Eastern District of North Carolina
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York