Ms. Erixson focuses her practice in the area of civil litigation. She joined Ellis & Winters in September 2013 after serving as a law clerk to the Honorable James A. Beaty, Jr. in the United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina.
Prior to her clerkship, Ms. Erixson received her J.D., with high honors, from the University of North Carolina School of Law. While in law school, she served as a comments editor for the North Carolina Law Review and was inducted into the Order of the Coif. Ms. Erixson also worked with Professor Richard Rosen and the Racial Justice Act Research Project staff to conduct a statistical study on racial bias in North Carolina death penalty litigation.
Ms. Erixson received her B.A., with highest distinction, in Psychology and Political Science from the University of North Carolina.
A double Tar Heel and lifelong fan of all UNC sports, Ms. Erixson is herself a four-time varsity letter winner in swimming and served as co-captain of the 2007 UNC Women’s ACC Championship Swim Team.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Young Lawyers Steering Committee, Co-Vice-Chair of Young Women In The Law Subcommitee
Prior Legal Experience
- Clerkship, Judge James A. Beaty, Jr., United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina, 2010-2011; 2012-2013
- United States District Courts
- Eastern District of North Carolina
- Middle District of North Carolina
- Western District of North Carolina
- Northern District of Georgia
- North Carolina, 2014
- Georgia, 2011