Chris Trusk's practice focuses on commercial real estate and creditor's rights. He also represents clients in business transactions and corporate matters.
Originally from Summerville, South Carolina, Chris joined Ellis & Winters after practicing for several years with a law firm in Greenville, South Carolina
Examples of Chris's experience include:
- Advising developers and investors on the acquisition and development of income producing properties, including residential projects, mixed-use and multi-family projects, and office buildings.
- Advising entities and individuals on the disposition of various real estate assets, including raw land, developed lots and income producing properties.
- Reviewing, negotiating and drafting commercial ground leases and space leases for office, flex, warehouse, industrial and retail uses on behalf of landlords and tenants.
- Advising lenders and borrowers on the negotiation, documentation, and closing of commercial loans, including acquisition and development loans, construction loans, permanent financing, lines of credit and other debt finance.
- Priority disputes involving institutional lenders.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Urban Land Institute